Gone Booth Gone

Perhaps its premature, but I believe it is time to bow out gracefully. Chicago-Booth turned out to be a disappointment. I am yet to receive an invite, but the writing on the wall seems fairly clear. This calls for introspection and analysis and also more committed effort for the applications that I am yet to submit.

Recently I had dinner with a couple of my friends who are also applying to MBA programs. We worked closely on applications - we helped each other with positioning, recommender prep and proof reading.Given my stats, work experience and GMAT score, they still believe that good news may be on the horizon, I am not going to pin my hopes on it any longer.

Among some trends being reported on the forums (GMATClub, BW Forums), some of the more interesting ones are:


  • Monday, November 9, 2009 was silent. No invites were reported on any forum. Perhaps this was the day when all the remaining applications, especially the weaker ones were analysed and sorted for dings and interviews. My assumption, and hence caveat emptor.

  • R1 applications for Chicago-Booth are up 20% YOY (per current Booth students) -- Interesting statistic, probably has something to do with high unemployment in the midwestern states that surround IL. Does that mean that R2 applications will see a rise as well. Hard to predict, but I definitely believe that R2 will be a more favorable time to apply to top schools. Perhaps I should have waited to submit Chicago-Booth in R2.

  • Application response times have become 20 days  for later applications instead of 14 days for earlier ones. Applications submitted later which went complete after 10/21 were being read at a slower pace than those which were submitted early. If you're applying in R2, getting all your materials in early might be beneficial.

Good luck to everyone. I'll be spending my evening working on Fuqua essays.

0 comments:

Post a Comment